Healthy Tips for the Holidays
1. Drink more water! I suggest 8-16 ounces of water right when you wake up and at least 20-30 minutes before your meals. Water helps us stay hydrated and it is also the best way to help your body's digestive system in preparing to break down your food and carry nutrition from your food to the rest of your body. By drinking ahead of meals and not WITH your meals, you will find less over-eating and the acids in your stomach will not be diluted so your food is broken down more efficiently.
2. Shake it up for 1-2 meals a day! So simple and perfect for our busy lives right now and its more delicious than you can imagine. Meal replacement shakes such as
shakeology are a majorly scrumptious way to get quality nutrients into your day, while enjoying a low-calorie, extremely satisfying meal (plus, did I mention it’s super-fast and easy?)
3. Bring a Healthy Dish for sharing to parties or to work. One excuse we give ourselves during the holidays is to allow ourselves to engage in social eating more often than we should. These extra small bites and treats can add up quickly. So plan ahead and bring a veggie platter or make a healthy salad dressing to bring as a gift to the hostess. Give yourself at least one option at the buffet that fits within your healthy eating lifestyle right now.
3. Bake Healthier! Its a tradition to bake for the holidays, but this year try to find some healthy swaps for your favorite treats. For instance, there are plenty of recipes using wholesome, clean ingredients (like protein powder instead of flour, Stevia instead of sugar, etc.) – which can make healthy eating around the holidays much easier. For my chocolate lovers, click here for an easy recipe for No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Pie.
4. Go Easy on the Alcohol. You've probably heard this before, "don't drink your calories" and this goes for your alcoholic beverages at parties too. If you feel you must indulge, Im not saying you can’t enjoy one every now and then – just make it one, not three. If you are hosting, maybe try to surprise your guests with a "lower calorie" cocktail from this list here.
5. Sweat out the Stress. Oh yeah, when we move we release those "feel-good" hormones and so of course Im encouraging you to move more daily. This month, I have been committing to walking at least 1 mile a day--I have some friends who have set daily step goals. However you track it, get moving. I teach several VIRTUAL workouts a week, I post a schedule weekly on my facebook fitness page
JENN VOSS FITNESS. Follow me & message me if you'd like to join one of my classes!
Are you looking for a way to jump-start your fitness in the new year? I am looking for 3-5 women to join my test group for #9weekcontrolfreak This is a home-workout program designed by super trainer Autumn Calabrese and we will be doing it together as a team. As a group we will keep each other accountable.
Sharing my best practices and tips from a fitness professional opinion and how you can live your best life ever.